Thursday, August 16, 2012

Inaugural Introduction - Me and Healing (It's Complicated)

I have a need for community.  Encouragement and support can be found in mutual struggle and common experiences.

My voice joins the thousands of stories already being shared.  So, why join in?

When you search "Jesus" and "Diabetes", videos of healing services and stories of miracles populate the screen. 

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely believe that God can, has, and does heal, but there are many of us with chronic illnesses who don't experience instantaneous miracles (regardless of all the 'helpful' advice we receive from well meaning people, a topic which deserves its own post).  And while I wait, there are carbs to count and blood sugars to manage - and the rest of day-to-day life on top of that.

I am unique, I see the world through my eyes, colored by my experiences and my past.  My hope is that we can learn from each other, laugh and cry with each other, and enjoy the journey that is the dance of faith, life, and struggle.


No comments:

Post a Comment