Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 15. #diafail

I used to be a college rep and I would see catchy slogans on swag everywhere when I was working.

One, in particular, caught my eye.

I have spent most of my days basing who I am on what I do and what I accomplish.  I was always waiting for something, or someone, to deem me worthy of love and acceptance.  But constantly striving for perfection and aiming for a flawless performance takes a toll.

In fact, it's downright exhausting.

Enter diabetes.

Every number felt like a grade of how well I was doing - would it be an A+ or an F?  With every blood test and Doctor's visit I was anticipating a "you're not good enough" lecture.

 Guess what?


I will not allow diabetes, or what other people think, to define me or confine me.

There is so much more to who I am.

Letting the 'D limit me?  That's a #diafail.


(That lecture never came, by the way, my Doctor is phenomenal).

No comments:

Post a Comment